POSITION SUMMARY DESCRIPTION:
Under the direction of the Installation Foreman, works on installation activities, with Journeyman and Temporary Labor in the installation of material handling equipment.
SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES:
- Strives at all times to provide premier service to both internal and external customers.
- Ensures the highest quality and accuracy of work resulting in a total customer satisfaction.
- Effectively manages and coordinates assigned tasks.
- Continuously seeks to improve internal processes through streamlining efforts.
- Assist in maintaining a healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the position.
- As a working technician, fulfills all regular and advanced installations duties, including project layout.
- Works alongside Installation Technicians, Installation Journeymen and Temporary Laborers in the performance of material handling systems installation and maintenance ensuring optimum usage and quality.
- Reviews project requirements and determines the type of support needed including tools, rental equipment, and consumables and arrangements for same.
- Maintains shop and facility surroundings in clean neat order.
- High school diploma or its equivalent.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and thorough understanding of mechanical systems, including material handling components and equipment.
- Ability to operate light and heavy equipment, manual tools and power tools.
- Experience and ability to work in a fast paced manufacturing or distribution environment.
- High degree of precision working with minimum tolerances.
- Ability to read and interpret AutoCad drawings.
- Proven problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
- Superior attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated outstanding performance in previous career.
- Two-year technical degree or accredited apprenticeship program or equivalent in a technical field.
- Trade Licenses / Certifications (AWS , Electrician, etc)
- Committed to Customer Service as #1 priority.
- Driven to succeed and to continuously improve skills and abilities.
- Exceptional problem solving and organization skills.
- Effective written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong ability to effectively prioritize tasks and projects.
- Detail oriented and ability to multi-task.
- Committed to the highest standards of discretion, loyalty, accuracy, high integrity.
- Goal oriented and self motivated with a sense of urgency.
- Exceptional attitude with a continuous positive spirit.
- Superior work ethic promoting collaboration, respect and hard work as a
- Ability to be an effective team player.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Individuals in this position must have the ability to
- Communicate verbally and in written form.
- Have full range of mobility in upper and lower body.
- Be able to reach over head.
- Be able to work in various positions, including, but not limited to, stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling and squatting for extended periods of time.
- Be able to lift, pull and push materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks.
- Walk or move from various locations primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day.
- Move freely around a manufacturing plant and equipment.
- Climb up and down a ladder.
- Occasionally lift objects up to 100 lbs. up to an elevation of 36” above floor.
- Ability to climb in overhead structures, to work beneath machines and in close quarters performing analysis and repair work.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Approximately 10% of the time, this position is confined to ambient room temperatures and lighting as found in a typical office environment.
The performance of this position otherwise requires exposure to extreme increased or decreased temperatures as routinely found in manufacturing and distribution environments.
Travel as required to support Company needs, approximately 30%, typically in the state of Michigan or surrounding states.
$20.00 – $25.00 per hour
Conveyability, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.